Adware and Spyware:
Adware and Spyware are a curse of modern day computers. They are used to collect information on your surfing habits, and sometimes even credit card and personal details. This type of software can originate from many sources, sometimes installed programs, but most times just from going onto the wrong website or downloading the wrong file.So how do you get rid of it? Well fortunately its simple and its free. Follow the next steps:
- Download Adware, Malware & Spyware removal software. Our favourite pieces of free software are listed below.
- Install the software
- Update software
- Now run a full system scan (This may take sometime so be patient)
- Once finished you will have scanning results, delete all the Spyware and Adware on your computer, this maybe done automatically, if not do it manually.
- If a file can't be deleted you may be prompted to scan on reboot, click OK, reboot and run scan.
- If a file cannot be deleted then reboot into safe mode and run the scan from there.
- If you still cannot delete all the spyware then try another piece of software.
Microsoft Security Essentials - Windows XP, Vista and 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Server 2008/7
Ad-Aware Free Anti-Malware - Windows 2000 Professional/XP 32-bit/Vista 32-bit/64-bit/7 32-bit/64-bit
IObit Security 360 - Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Server 2008/7/NT
Spybot - Search & Destroy - Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/NT